Saturday, January 23, 2010

Winter 2010 - Baby X or Y - 2nd Trimester:16 & 17 wks

2nd trimester: 16 wk
Prenatal visit OB, check.
Glucose Test 1, check. *bleh* Results good.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 1 lbs; Total weight gain: 8 lbs
Blood pressure: 104/51
Baby's heart rate: 150
U/S: Baby moving everywhere. Heartbeat strong. No pics. *boo*
Cravings: Simple sugars. Aversions: simple sugars. The craving for candy bars in unreal, but it makes me feel lousy, so I fight my craving and replace it w/ crudites and dip.
Exercise: Weight training once a week, ballet class three times a week, cardio twice a week. However this week nothing for obvious reasons.

2nd trimester: 17 wk
Prenatal visit with Maternal/Fetal Specialist, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 1 lbs; Total weight gain: 9 lbs
Blood pressure: 100/60
Baby's heart rate: 138
U/S: Baby not cooperating. Couldn't get good pictures or complete measurements, so will have to go again in 4 weeks.
Sequential Screen Part 2 Results Good - Down Syndrome Risk: 1/10,000; Trisomy 18: 1/10,000; Neural Tube Defect: 1/6,000.

Approaching 18 weeks, I had to don the Bella Band at last. It is no wonder w/ all the lasagna, Filipino cuisine, and lack of exercise. I actually went on a 2+ mile walk on my 18th week. According to one of my Tita's, she thought I was only 2 mos along when she arrived for mom's memorial. By the end of her stay, she said I looked very pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment