Friday, January 1, 2010

Winter 2010 - Jan

Happy New Year from the Hills - Matt, Sweet, Ian, Watson, and... Baby X or Y! Ian will soon no longer be an only child. He will be a big brother. I am 14 weeks with child, which marks the beginning of my second trimester. During the first trimester I was so fatigued which I had expected this time with pregnancy. However, being able to nap when Ian napped made battling the exhaustion a little easier. I haven't experienced any "true" morning sickness, ie vomiting. When I felt nauseous, I knew it was time to eat. EDD is July 3, 2010, but we will schedule a c-section at my 39th week. Most everyone wants to know if we will find out the gender, or what gender we desire, etc, since we didn't find out the gender with Ian; and since we have a son, wouldn't a daughter be nice? Honestly, since my eggs were getting precariously close to being hard boiled, I just pray for a healthy baby physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. If we are blessed with another child with Ian's happy disposition, the gender of the baby matters little. My mother has been correct in predicting 5 of 5 of her grandchildren; whereas the ultrasounds were correct 3 of 4 in predicting the genders of her grandchildren (excluding Ian as we opted not to find out). It's not a question of how Ian will handle not being an only child, as will I be able to handle him not being the only child. I love him so much. I love his father very much. Ian already points to my tummy when I ask where baby is, and he kisses my tummy.

1 comment:

  1. We have a blog too.... 4littlesheep.blogspot.com
    and congrats again! Very exciting news. You will do great with 2!

    ReplyDelete