Friday, January 1, 2010

Baby X or Y- 1st Trimester: 5wks

1st trimester: 5 wks
Home pregnancy test: positive
Morning sickness: negative
Sore boobs: affirmative
Weight gain: unknown

Insurance gentle way of telling me I am old: Pregnancy over 35 years of age is considered high risk, or Geriatric Pregnancy.

Five weeks with child. Not mentally prepared to have for another little one. I knew I wanted a second child, I just wasn't sure about the timing. Ideally would have liked to conceive when Ian was 2.5 years old. However, it turns out that I will be giving birth when Ian is just over 2.5 years old. So, we are a year ahead of schedule. By the time Baby X/Y is born, Matt will be half way through grad school. I pray that I will be able handle a toddler and new born while Matt completes the second half of grad school.

We also learned that our friends, Evan and Emily Welch, are expecting their second child as well. We think we are a few days apart. Ian and Charlotte, Evan and Emily's first child, are eight days apart. At least the timing of our children will make family vacations a little easier with the kiddos being on similar schedules. :)

Ian and his cousin, Paxton, are about four months apart. Lauri, Paxon's mommy, is expecting her second child, a little girl, in March 2010. The timing of this pregnancy may make our second children four months apart as well. :)

Overall, the timing of this pregnancy seems to correlate to special folks in our lives. However, I, personally, am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Ian won't be an only child much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment