Friday, January 1, 2010

Baby X or Y- 1st Trimester: 12 wks

1st trimester: 12 wk
Prenatal visits with Maternal/Fetal Specialist and OB, check.
Genetic Counseling: check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 0 lbs; Total weight gain: 7 lbs
Blood pressure: 99/59
NT U/S: Low risk
Baby's heart rate: 150 (according to U/S tech, the baby is measuring at 13 weeks)
Sequential Screen Part 1 (finger prick) Results Good: Down Syndrome risk is 1/1100; Trisomy 18 risk is 1/10,000.
Morning sickness: nausea, yes; vomiting, no.
Sore boobs: affirmative
Cravings: simple sugars and kosher dill pickles. Aversions: garlic
Exercise: non existent the last two weeks due to my head cold.

So long sushi; farewell Stilton cheese; auf weidersehen good-bye port wine. Regretfully we must part company. Adieu. Adieu. Until we can safely consume again, adieu. Hello monthly weigh-ins. Bonjour compression socks. Hola prenatal massages. Here's to drinking a gallon of water a day and to lubing the skin up at least twice a day.

Had my first pregnancy dream at 10 wks and 6 days. I dreamed that I had the c-section and passed out before I could hear the doctor announce the gender of the baby. Another segment of the dream, Matt's dad and stepmother came to assist some weeks later; in my mind I don't recall having changed any infant diapers prior to their visit. In the dream my FIL kept referring to the baby as "she." Though this doesn't tell me anything as I had a similar dream w/ Ian; where my mother referred to the baby as "she" and later in the dream when the baby was a toddler it had a pixie haircut, so I couldn't tell if it was a boy or a girl.

Matt and I managed to keep the news of my "delicate" condition to ourselves while his father and step mother came to visit Ian for his second birthday. However, a couple weeks later, we had to explain to Matt's parents why we were not able to travel to OH for Christmas, and the only good reason was that I had my 12 week OB and Maternal/Fetal appts set the week of Christmas. So, we will be spending Christmas with my family in Atlanta, and plan to announce Ian's little secret.

1 comment: