Sunday, May 9, 2010

Spring 2010 - May

This month started out with Matt and I coming home from our vacation to Mexico.  We had a very rough traveling day at the start of our babymoon.  We were scheduled to fly out on Sunday, April 25.  I had appts with Maternal-Fetal Specialists and my OB the Friday prior.  During my ultrasound, my phone rang.  I apologized for not having silenced it.  Then I received a text, and then another, and another.  Then the phone rang again, and again, and again.  The technician suggested to answer the phone as it may be an emergency.  So, I did.  Matt was on the other end telling my I needed to get home immediately.  OMG!  Was there something wrong w/ Ian???  It turned out that my passport expired only seven days prior.  !@#$%^&*()  What to do?  I came home to Matt working his magic on the phone changing travel and lodging dates, gathering information on expediting a passport, and he sent me out to the post office to get a passport photo.  When I came back he had completed an online passport form (and then some) to be expedited.  The problem now was that we didn't have a printer.  Luckily, our neighbor rescued us and we were able to get the forms signed, the photo, and my expired passport to FedEx by 7P.  I know Matt was furious at the situation, but he remained calm, cool, and collected with me.  I didn't think it possible, but I fell in love all over again with my husband.  We were told that we would have the new passport in hand by the following Tues by 10:30A.  Indeed we did!  We were set to travel the next day.  However, when we arrived at the airport we hit another problem.  My name on my boarding pass was printed Sweet Hills didn't match my name on my passport, S. Eva Hills.  Since we were traveling internationally, the names had to match precisely according to the attendant.  That's not all.  She couldn't make the change.  It had to be through Travelocity's reservation website.  After 30+ minutes, and irritated husband, the attendant's supervisor made the change happen, and it was handled for both travel dates.  The fun does not stop there, folks.  We arrive to the hotel, and the hotel does not have the lodging dates corrected in their system, so we have no room.  Again, we are informed that the change needed to be made on the Travelocity's reservation website.  This is very upsetting since Matt had called Travelocity TWICE prior to leaving the US to confirm the change in lodging dates had been made, and was told the dates had been changed.  Matt was seeing red, red, red!!!  After some time we were able to get a room; not the room we had intended, ie two beds.  However, it turned out well for Matt.  I sleep w/ quite a few pillow these days, and poor Matt gets shoved off the bed some nights.  So, the two full beds were just what we needed.  The next day the GM of the resort sought us out, apologize for the inconveniences, and informed us that the reservation have been changed and would be honored.  From that point until we returned stateside, our vacation was absolutely splendid as you can see from the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment