Ian spent a week at Camp Ninang. In that time his speech has become eloquent and his vocabulary vast. He learned so much in a week from his older cousins. He needed a vacation from me. I missed an entire week of his life, but I, too, needed a vacation and some quality time with the love of my life. I had sent Ian to camp w/ his Radio Flyer tricycle, but apparently he was just thrilled with the four wheeler my sister had from her two youngsters. Apparently, by the third day of camp, Ian fell asleep watching Curious George at 10:30A.
We've been saying prayers w/ Ian on a nightly basis, especially when Matt gets home in time to participate. Matt and I had an especially funny night on Mother's Day. As w/ most toddlers who search there vocabulary for just the right words, Ian sometimes searches for words simply to stay awake. Matt was laying with Ian in the nursery leading prayers. This is how the conversation went...
Matt: Now I lay my down to sleep...
Ian: No more daddy, "Now I lay me..."
Matt: Our Father...
Ian: No more da, no more daddy, no more... *pause* Be quiet, Daddy!
Happy Mother's Day to me. LOL...
Ian was invited to two "Princess" themed birthday parties. I wondered if I should have him attend in drag. LOL... As it turned out, I forgot that one of the parties had a kiddie pool and forgot Ian's swimsuit, so Ian actually wore one of the swim shirts that belonged to the birthday girl.
Saturday, May 22, 2010. Let this day mark a milestone. Ian pooped in the potty for the first time. I think it may have just been coincidence, but just the same, he pooped in the potty. Not throwing out the diapers yet. I haven't been actively potty training. We have had all the equipment in place for some time just so he gets familiar with everything. I still doubt that he is truly ready to potty train, but at least he is recognizing what needs to be done on the potty.
During Ian's alone time he recites songs, poems, and prayers. It is more so entertaining when he is very tired and mixes all that he knows together.
Here are some examples:
Happy Birthday: "Happy Birthday to you..."
Ian version: "Happy Day to you..."
The Our Father: "Give us this day our daily bread..."
Ian version: "It's okay, our daily bread..."
Brush Your Teeth Poem: "Brush your teeth everyday, and you'll have no more tooth decay..."
Happy Birthday Song: "Happy Birthday to you..."
Ian version: "Ian has Happy Day. No more tooth decay. Yea!"
ABCs: sung in normal decibles
Ian version: Singing the ABCs so loud the neighbors can hear, followed by a deafening silence signifying total exhaustion and sleep.
Teddy Bear: "Teddy bear, Teddy bear say your prayers..."
Ian version: "Tebby bear, Tebby bear sing and prayers..." recited while holding his teddy bear to the heavens and jumping and turning on his bed. Then suddenly hits the bed when daddy appears in the doorway and says, "Ian lay down."
Two of my cousins from the west coast flew in for my eldest nephews HS graduation, and stayed for two weeks to see Atlanta and visit with their east coast family. I took them to visit the GA Aquarium. While at the aquarium, I was able to sit in a wheelchair. Ian was having too much fun pushing me in a chair for once, rather than me pushing him in a stroller. The next day my brother was able to take the cousins to Stone Mountain and view the laser show. Something all non-residence should experience. They had a great time.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment