3rd trimester: 34 weeks 6 days
MFS visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 1lbs; Total weight gain: 21 lbs
Blood pressure: 120/64
In the time my west coast family arrived, I've gained a pound from all the eating. In any case, all is going well.
3rd trimester: 34 weeks 3 days
OB visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 0 lbs; Total weight gain: 20 lbs
Blood pressure:100/60
Fundus: 34 cm, right on track
Ian did very well during the visit. I dare say, he did better at this visit than he did w/ the last visit. When the nurse hooked me up to the fetal monitor for the non-stress test, Ian would inquire, "Wus dat?" when he heard the baby's heart beat. After 20 minutes, the doctor came in and said the the graphs looked beautiful. So all is still going well.
Afterward, we ran a couple errands. I rewarded Ian w/ his first Krispy Kreme Doughnut, a glazed chocolate cake doughnut followed by a trip to the park to socialize w/ more kids.
3rd trimester: 33 weeks 6 days
MFS visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 0 lbs; Total weight gain: 20 lbs
Blood pressure:106/62
All is well. Blood glucose look good according to the doctor. The baby's head has been down for a while, and the butt is wedged up in my ribs. *sigh* How I miss memory seats in the car. Bending my body forward and side to adjust the seat is not the most wonderful sensation, but I can deal with it for 5 more weeks. I hope only 5 more weeks. According to the ultrasound, the baby weighs about 4 lbs, 11 oz.
Ian and Matt shared their morning breakfast today. Then Ian and I walked the mall for some exercise.
3rd trimester: 33 weeks 3 days
OB visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 1 lbs; Total weight gain: 20 lbs
Blood pressure: 93/56
Usually my routine OB appointments are very quick. However, since we are in the home stretch and the fact that I am on Glyburide twice daily, the specialists want to monitor the baby's progress twice a week until the baby's arrival. Going forward, my OB appointments will include a non-stress test, and my appointments with Maternal-Fetal Specialist will be the standard ultrasound.
I conducted a minor experiment with Ian at this OB appointment. I knew it would take longer than usual. I brought three of his current favored books and read them in the waiting room. Once in the exam room, I set up the DVD player (the first time to use it EVER) and popped in "Elmo's Potty Time," then set up snacks and drink in the stroller. It went very well. Except that the mid-wife was twenty minutes late. I didn't know how long I would be on the fetal monitor, Ian was running out of snack, and the DVD was only 45 minutes long. The nurse was helpful. She brought in a toy and juice for Ian, so that occupied him a little more. Thank goodness the DVD player has a remote so I could control the sound in the confined exam room.
3rd trimester: 32 weeks 6 days
Maternal-Fetal Specialist visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 0 lbs; Total weight gain: 19 lbs
Blood pressure:122/60
Ultrasound this morning went well. Baby's head has been down as the last few ultrasounds have shown. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get photos because the placenta is covering a majority of the face and the technician can't get a clear enough image.
I was a little concerned that I haven't gained any weight, but was told not to worry since the bio-physicals on the ultrasounds are coming out good on baby's measurements.
I am still being as active as my condition allows me. I finished priming the front fence. So the next project is to actually paint the front fence.
Since I am now on a weekly plan to see MFS on Friday mornings, Ian has been enjoying breakfast w/ daddy. Matt will continue to have Daddy and Me Breakfasts on Fridays until the baby arrives.
I have a confession. Confessions of a pregnant woman... I've known pregnant women who thought their water broke, but they only peed on themselves. Having had a emergency c-section with my first pregnancy (due to lack to progress beyond almost 2.5 cm after 12 hours on pitocin), I never experienced true "labor." Recently, I woke up at 3AM with horrible cramping pain. OMG! Am I experiencing preterm
labor?! Um... No. Diarrhea. :/
3rd trimester: 31 weeks 6 days
Maternal-Fetal Specialist visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: -2 lbs; Total weight gain: 19 lbs
Blood pressure:108/70
Matt and I have decided on only two children. I'm sad to know that this is the last time I will feel the joys of pregnancy since I really have had no complaints with either of my pregnancies. However, when I think of it logically and without emotion, I put in a lot of work and effort with just one child, soon to be two children, and I will be 40 years old next year. It boggles my mind to think about education and a wedding multiplied by two, in addition to retirements. As Matt says, "One can finance college; one cannot finance retirement." Ian didn't NEED a sibling. I WANTED him to have a sibling. Just as I didn't NEED to have a kid(s). I WANTED to have a kid(s). And for that matter, I didn't NEED to be married. I WANTED to be married. I love my siblings. I love my husband. We finally met with an estate planning lawyer. After the meeting, I felt better about the decision we made to only have two children.
3rd trimester: 31 wks 4 days
OB visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 2 lbs; Total weight gain: 21 lbs
Blood pressure:100/60
I had an OB appointment the morning after we returned from Mexico. During our vacation I managed to gain two pounds. Not surprising considering while on vacation, anyone would overeat. However, two days later I had an appointment with the Maternal-Fetal Specialist, and I had lost the two pounds I had gained during vacation. Both appointments went well. I was informed that I will be seeing the MFS weekly and the OB every two weeks. *sigh* The joys of being placed in the geriatric pregnancy category. No matter. I just want this baby to be healthy.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment