Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer 2010 - Baby X or Y- 3rd Trimester: 36 - 39 wks

3rd trimester: 38 weeks  6 days
Last MFS visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 0 lbs; Total weight gain:  25 lbs
Blood pressure: 110/70

Well this was the last check up before the big show on Monday.  The baby measured at 7lbs.  We shall see.  A lot can happen in a weekend.  I suppose I should actually start packing a bag vs. keeping a running laundry list of things to pack.  Did I do a birth plan this time.  Yes.  Repeat C-Section scheduled Monday, June 28, 2010.  That is it. This last appointment the ultrasound tech was able to get 3D pictures.  Since 32 weeks the baby's face has been pressed against the placenta making view of the face obstructed.  When I got home, I compared 3D photos of Ian with the new baby.  They look exactly alike.  So, I think we will have another boy.

I'd really like to see the movie Eclipse.  I wonder if there is a movie theater that will let me do a pre-screening prior to checking into the hospital.




3rd trimester: 38 weeks  3 days
Last OB visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: -2 lbs; Total weight gain:  25 lbs
Blood pressure: ?

This was my last appointment w/ the OB officially.  I have one more appt w/ MFS on Friday.  All is well.  The OB went over logistics of what to do and expect the day of the surgery.  An IV will be started once I am checked in at 745A.  Then 30 minutes prior to the surgery, an epidural will be given to me.  The OB said they baby will be out within the first five minutes and the remaining time will be spent doing the tubal ligation and sewing me back up. 
 
3rd trimester: 37 weeks  6 days
MFS visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 0 lbs; Total weight gain:  27 lbs
Blood pressure:100/60

T minus 10 days and counting until the baby is here.  According to the ultrasound tech the baby is measuring at 7 lbs.  So, by the time of the surgery, it may be 8 lbs.

3rd trimester: 37 weeks  3 days
OB visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up:  1lbs; Total weight gain:   27 lbs
Blood pressure: 150/?

I can't believe I have made it this far in the pregnancy without total strangers molesting my stomach.  During my pregnancy w/ Ian, I recall not only being molested by grannies, also a woman flirting with Matt openly in front of my pregnant self.  The trick had the audacity to ask us if we were "together."  Hello!  Check out the wedding rings and the belly!


3rd trimester: 36 weeks  6 days
MFS visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up:   3 lbs; Total weight gain:   26 lbs
Blood pressure: 120/70

Wow!  Three pounds up in two days.  Must have been that Rocky  Road Ice Cream.

3rd trimester: 36 weeks  4 days
OB visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up:  -1 lbs; Total weight gain:   23 lbs
Blood pressure: 113/62


3rd trimester: 35 weeks  6 days
MFS visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 2 lbs; Total weight gain:   24 lbs
Blood pressure: 120/70

All is good.  The ultrasound showed good fluid volume around the baby.  The baby was sleeping.  You could see the chest rise and fall, so it was practicing breathing.  The next time the baby will be measured will be at the 38 week mark and they will guesstimate the weight then.


3rd trimester: 35 weeks  3 days
OB visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up:  1 lbs; Total weight gain:   22 lbs
Blood pressure:  100/60

Non-stress test again.  Strong heart beat, lots of movement.  All is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment