Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer 2010 - June

The beginning of this month I found myself traveling with my cousins to Jesup to visit my aunt.  The doctor OK'd the road trip if I continued to pace myself the way I have been.  Once in Jesup, Ian and I spent most of our days playing in the pool with my sister's family.  I told them, "this is what it feels like to float in amniotic fluid."  The road trip itself was smooth.  As expected my ankles swelled with all the sitting.  Luckily, I had packed my medical grade compression socks.  So, when I wasn't in the pool, I donned the socks, and put my feet up.  Not a great summer look, but whatever helps in easing the last weeks of the pregnancy I am game.

Ian scored a 30 on Karaoke in Jesup.  He sang his ABCs and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.  

Speaking of the last weeks of pregnancy, we are definitely on the countdown.  The new baby will be hear no later than Monday, June 28.  My Uncle Greg had given Ian a new book, "I'm a Big Brother," back in January.  Until May, Ian had no interest in reading this new book.  However, one day he decided to pick it up, and we have been reading it everyday since.  In my opinion, I doubt that any of it really is dawning on him, but he likes the book all the same.  It's like my very low pressure to potty train him.  He knows what the potty gear is for, but he still doesn't recognize the sensation of having to go.  His body will let him know, and then he will let me know.  Until then, I will continue to put him on the pot with each diaper change.  He has made poopy twice and peed several times while on the pot for diaper changes.  So, he knows that it makes me happy and that his reward is flushing the toilet.  My mother told me on many occasions that I had a fascination with flushing the toilet, so I suppose that is where Ian gets it.

June 15,  woke up to the sound of clanking glass bottles. Curious, since I know there are no glass bottles in Ian's room. Looked in the nursery. No Ian. Walked into the kitchen and found Ian playing w/ jars in the fridge door. My little MacGyver/ Houdini stacked his packaged diapers and scaled the security gate to escape his room. ...And so are the Days of Our Lives...

As the date of the repeat c-section draws closer, my thoughts of the baby's gender come to mind.  Up until now, I have been more concerned about the health of the baby than anything else.  However, now that we are under two weeks away from meeting Ian's new sibling, I think it would be great to have another little boy since we already have one.  Ian is such a wonderful little man.  I wish I was as brilliant as he is at his age.  On the other hand, having a little girl would be great, too, since we have a little boy.  Either way, this baby is so loved by all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment