We started out this month with another snowfall though it was too warm to stick, luckily. March 13 marked mom's two month anniversary of her passing. The family got together that day at 11A for mom's interment. There were a number of rainy days leading up to and following mom's interment. However, she smiled upon us when day came. It was cold, breezy, and damp from the rains the day before. I had wondered if we would be able to do the interment on schedule as Honey Creek is known to swell over the bridge leading to the site we selected for mom at the conservation burial ground of Honey Creek Woodlands in Conyers, GA, www.honeycreekwoodlands.com. We drove the golf carts to her site and as we came out of the woods into the meadows, the clouds parted and the sun warmed the air. The grounds are part of the Monastery of the Holy Spirit. The area we chose is perfect for mom. It is surrounded by such beauty and peace, is easily accessible, and we can have family picnics near her. I'm looking forward to the seasonal blooms in the coming months. Later that afternoon, the family sat down and viewed the DVD of mom's memorial. It was well done and everyone was pleased with the results. It was a last minute decision to get a video made of mom's memorial Mass. I didn't know if Roxann or Garnet would be interested in having any memorabilia from the memorial. However, I thought in time we would all be pleased to have the opportunity to look back on how well mom's life was celebrated. Uncle Greg did such a beautiful eulogy for mom. I am glad to have in documented.
Ian's language arts continues to develop with great speed. We still continue with learning new signing words in hopes that the new baby will pick them up quickly and the family will be able to communicate without too much frustration. Ian is also saying some French and Spanish words. French from being in at the dance studio, Spanish from his English/Spanish word books; though I doubt any of it will "stick". However, it is fun to listen to him however long it will last. Though we still do a lot of reading during the day, Ian has graduated from three bible stories at bedtime to praying "The Lord's Prayer" and "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep," and singing "Goodnight My Love" by Ella Fitzgerald. He also brushes his teeth to the poem my mom used to have posted in our bathroom when I was a child.
As most of you know, I volunteer quite a bit for my church. I have completed this year's choreography for Theater Ministry's annual production. This year's production is "Annie Get Your Gun." I'm pleased with the outcome considering I choreographed five dance numbers during my second trimester. I'm looking forward to seeing the end product of the show the last two weekends in April. Since the inception of the Cathedral Players in 2002, I've had the honor of choreographing five of the nine productions; and luckily (for the sake of the director and fellow cast members) only part of the actual cast for two of the productions.

No comments:
Post a Comment