At the beginning of this month Ian was moved to a big boy bed. I suppose he could have really moved to a big boy bed since Dec when he would automatically lay in the big bed when he was told it was time to nap/sleep. I don't think I was ready to let go of my baby boy then, however, he has been sleeping in a big bed for some time now whenever he napped or spent the night(s) at Camp Lola. I suppose it was a big treat for him there, and now a big treat at home. It only took 21 days for the crib to turn into the "catch all."
I love listening to him sing his ABCs and 123s when he wakes in the morning. He also started singing Happy Day (birthday) recently; odd, since we haven't sang that song since Nov for a week. I love hearing, "Happy Day, Ian. Happy Day to you."
We did have a morning when I heard him singing at 6:18A. Then he was silent again. At 7:28A the bed on Matt's side started shaking. I thought it was Watson doing his usual, "Wake up and let me out to pee" nudging. If Matt didn't wake up, I knew that Watson would scamper to my side and do the same thing. However, instead of hearing Watson panting, I heard a little voice from Matt's side of the bed say, "Daddy?" Who knows how long Ian was exploring the house in the dark. :/
We got snow on Valentine's weekend. Ian was having such a great time. We took pictures in our front yard as it is more picturesque than the backyard; not to mention that a "poop-patrol" wasn't done in the backyard prior to the snow falling. I wanted so much to call mom so she could listen to time laughing and having a ball, though I know she was there watching over him.
Ian doesn't have to go back for a scheduled appointment with his pediatrician until his 3rd birthday (hard to believe), however we did go in for an H1N1 booster shot. He was not very happy with me when we left the office. Later that day we attended the Healing Mass at church for mom.
We are excited to announce Ian has a new baby cousin. Ella Rose Loosli made her grand debut on Friday, 2/26 at 8:33pm after a super fast labor and delivery. She weighed 7lbs 4oz, 18.5 inches long, and head and chest 13 inches. We look forward to meeting her.
Matt and I attended a Seussitini/ Silent Auction hosted by Ian's godfather, Evan, at gallery known for it's Dr. Seuss artwork and was catered by a company that serves Dr. Seuss themed Hors d'œuvres. I had expecting Green Eggs and Ham, however the ham was not dyed green, and the deviled eggs were a Dr. Seuss blue with yellow yolks. Quite tasty and a very good time seeing familiar faces. According to the gallery owner, it was one of the more successful evenings they've hosted. Evan's wife, Emily, was in attendance. She looked radiant. We are both due with our second child within a day of one another.
We had dinner with my Tita Vicky. She was in town for the weekend to see her grand niece dance, and was able to spend the day with us prior to her return flight to New England early the next morning. I haven't seen her since I was 16 years old. She was able to meet most of the new additions to the family. A good time was had by all who were present. Lots of reminiscing over memories made so long ago.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment