Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Winter 2010 - Baby X or Y - 2nd Trimester: 20&21 weeks

2nd trimester: 20 wk
Prenatal visit OB, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 5 lbs; Total weight gain: 14 lbs
Blood pressure: 102/60
Baby's heart rate: 141-145
Exercise: Bwahahahaha!

Halfway mark. Can we say, "HELLO BELLY!" to the tune of "Hello Dolly!" Leftovers: Lasagna, Filipino Cuisine, Mardi Gras King Cake... Enough said. Ligaments are really aching as they are loosening, stretching, moving around for baby.

2nd trimester: 21 wk
Prenatal visit with Maternal/Fetal Specialist, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 1 lbs; Total weight gain: 15 lbs
Blood pressure: 102/60
Baby's heart rate: 140
U/S: The baby is measuring at 15 oz, right on track for the gestational growth.  All four chambers of the heart look and sound good.

This was our last  appt w/ Maternal-Fetal, so no more ultrasounds, unless I test positive for gestational diabetes at 28 weeks.  This was also our last opportunity to find out the gender of the baby.  Well, the suspense continues.  :-)

I am excited about starting the second half of the pregnancy.  It is said that each pregnancy differs regardless of baby gender and mother.  I have been very lucky in that this pregnancy, though it has had some very slight differences from my first, has been easy going, ie no nausea, no vomiting, etc.  Like my pregnancy with Ian it has been uneventful, thus far.  Maybe Ian will have a baby brother.  We shall see.  This go round I have been more tired, even through the second trimester, simply because I have a two year old I am running after.  I have also had insomnia, but I figure it's because I am taking naps when Ian naps.  I have also been placing effort into controlling the rate of weight gain, with the exception of last month's event, since I am predisposed to gestational diabetes.   I had gained 32 lbs with Ian.  I'd like to think that since I am half way through this pregnancy at 15 lbs gained, I will be just shy of the 32 lbs gained with Ian.  A lot can happen between now and the time the baby comes.  Spring is just around the corner, and again, I have denied myself maternity pants.  I simply don sweats this winter around the house, and the bella band with my pants for going out.  I am in hopes that I can make it to the end of Winter with this ensemble.  When Spring is here, I will be able to wear my maternity dresses I had with Ian.


No comments:

Post a Comment