2nd trimester: 24 wks (photo is at 25 weeks)
OB visit, check.
Weight gain since prior check-up: 2 lbs; Total weight gain: 17 lbs
Blood pressure: 110/60
Baby's heart rate: Didn't ask.
Today I received the hospital packet for Pre-Admission Labor & Delivery; and so the paperwork continues. Matt and I will need to decide on a date for a scheduled c-section at my next OB appt (28 weeks). I will also have to endure the dreaded glucose testing, the second one this pregnancy.
I am looking forward to this baby, but I miss sharing information on my progress with mom. My heart aches each time I think of what will be happening after the baby is born. Mom would be in the hospital with the family. She would be the first one to welcome us home. She would be staying with us the first few weeks of this baby's life as she did with Ian. She would be singing lullabies, making silly noises and faces at the baby. I miss her so much.
I also reflect on how lucky I am for Matt's family. I don't know what I did in my past relationships to have such a wonderful set of in-laws today. I am working on planning the logistics for post baby birth once we are home. I know Roxann, Lynne, Steve and Martha are all looking forward to helping Matt care for Ian, the new baby, and myself. I just need workout who, when, and for how long.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It was great to read your update...glad things are going well! I am eager to hear if it's a boy or girl. We certainly have lots o' girl stuff in this house. Poor Mark is surrounded by princesses and all their princess stuff but he loves every minute of it!
ReplyDeleteI think it is wonderful that you have such a good relationship with your in-laws. I know the ache of losing your mom is hard. We still have the ache about Mark's dad but the hard part is how strained things have become with his mom. She has really changed and not for the better. We say many prayers for her.
Take care and please say hello to Matt for us!
Rachel C.