The first day of April, Holy Thursday, Ian and I went to visit mom's resting place. It still pains me to say she died vs passed on, her funeral vs her memorial, her grave vs her resting place. I am still waiting for her to come home from a month long vacation to the Philippines. I'm still waiting for mom to come to me in a dream; to let me know all is well with her; to let me know if I'm still on the right track with motherhood, etc. The last few months Ian has stayed at Camp Ninang while I had rehearsals. As long as I stayed focused and busy, I was fine. It was during the times I was alone that I found myself reduced to tears.
Good Friday, Ian and I found ourselves dyeing eggs at play group. Ian took a fancy at creating his own colors, so we ended up with quite a few brown colored eggs as he continually put the eggs in one dye after another. Lunch was upon us and I finally made a mistake. As a pregnant woman, I didn't sacrifice anything this Lent. Heck, I sacrificed port wine, stinky cheese, sushi, etc prior to Lent; and I will still be sacrificing them after Lent. In any case, I did keep with the meatless Fridays until Good Friday lunch. I ate a hotdog! *D'oh* Of all Fridays, Good Friday, the last Friday of Lent. I'm still kicking myself for that.
Holy Saturday, Ian participated in an Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by a family at North Avenue Presbyterian Church. They definitely had it down to a science. The same family has been hosting the Easter Egg Hunt for 25 years from what I had gathered. In addition to the Golden Egg that has to be found, there was a Silver Egg to mark the 25th anniversary of hosting the hunt. Ian had a good time for the most part. He wasn't quite certain of the candies as I haven't really indulged him. Well, we can officially say the gates have busted wide open. Ian had m&ms, skittles, star bursts, raspberry ginger ale, etc. Though he has m&m's prior (thanks to my sister), he wasn't familiar with the packaging and would decline the candies he won at some of the Easter games prior to the hunt. Needless to say, he didn't have a very nutritious lunch. That evening, Matt's father and step-mother came to visit from Ohio for four days. BBQ was on the menu and Ian ate a good bit of veggies, starch, and protein to make up for the lack at lunch.
Easter was beautiful the entire day. It started with a beautiful service. I always forget to bring tissue to special services. I never fail to get choked up singing the hymnals and I can't sing because I'm busy tearing up from being so moved by the words and music. Obviously, I am no professional.
After service, we (Matt, his dad and step mom, Ian, and myself) came back to the house. Ian lunched then went down for a nap, while the rest of us enjoyed the gorgeous weather on the back deck. I'm so pleased I was able to get all the leaves bagged before the good weather is hear to stay. So, we officially kicked off outdoor deck weather with raspberry iced tea (didn't have any peach tea on hand), and made marshmallow rice crispy treat eggs for Ian for a post nap egg hunt in the backyard. Peter Rabbit gave Ian books (of course), egg shaped sidewalk chalk, bubbles, pinwheels, a new set of golf clubs, and a slide puzzle. I love the Dollar Store!

No comments:
Post a Comment