Monday, January 28, 2008

2 months

Month two has been full of milestones. Ian can visually track objects at a close distance. He has rubbed a nice round bald spot on the back of his head from laying under his gym and looking left and right at the animals. He is also smiling and cooing. So, we have great discussions ranging from how we slept, what is on the menu, and what adventures are in store for the day.

During his 2 month check up he received his firs set of immunization shots. *dun, dun duunnn* Matt said he has never seen anyone turn beet red so quickly as Ian had with that first shot.
Nevertheless, there was nothing that nursing couldn't handle. Hopefully Ian is not learning that "food makes everything better;" though it does for now. LOL...
Length: 23 inches
Weight: 13 lbs, 1 oz

We aren't quite on a schedule yet, but periodical
ly Ian will allow me to sleep anywhere from 4 to 7 hours in the evening. I've attempted to get somewhat of a nightly routine down, ie feeding, bath, down time, prior to drowsiness (Allah willing). It has come to my attention that I really don't know a lot of lullabies; and the ones I do know irritate me. So, I have reverted to songs I would sing to the 2 1/2 years olds in my creative movement classes. Then I supplement with songs I find soothing. So, here is the line up of our musical review...

Shirley Temple -
Animal Crackers in My Soup

Goodship Lollipop

Louis Armstrong -
Dream A Little Dream

Debbie Reynolds -
Tammy

Ella Fitzgerald -
I Can't Give You Anything but Love
Goodnight My Love


I'm a live personal dinner theater (literal on the dinner) for my son.

Continuing milestones...
Ian experienced his first outing with mom to a Girls Night In. He was my lucky charm as I won the coveted trophy for the Apples to Apples game... "The BEST game ever," thank you Stacey!

Ian attended the wedding guild meeting with me, and was the life of the party.


8 weeks
Ian and Daddy time.



7 weeks
I was finally able to capture Ian smiling. He is also beginning to verbalize, so we have great discussions about recipes as we watch FoodNetwork.

6 weeks

5 weeks
A visit from Gramma
Sleep overs are so much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment