Wednesday, December 12, 2007

2 weeks

Today we are 2 weeks old. We've had quite the adventures in the last 5 days. It started with this past Saturday. We started the day with some visitors who wanted to meet Ian. It was nice to talk w/ folks face to face. The cabin fever has become acute in the Hills household. Thanks to my mom, Matt and I were able to get out of the house and enjoy the 72 degree weather. Matt played a round of golf with friends. I am on strict doctors orders not to drive for at least 2 weeks. So, mom drove me to get my hooves pampered and painted, and she got to spend an hour of quality one on one time with Ian. Later that day, we had a visit from my brother's family. Matt got to smoke a celebratory cigar with my bother, Garnet. The last time Matt smoked a cigar was in celebration of Garnet's son's, Sebastian, birth last October.

Saturday, proved to be a little overkill on stimulation for Ian, or rather me. So, Sunday, we reverted back to home bodies. Matt represented the new Hills family at church, then tackled the leaves on the roof and front yard. Such the good husband and father.

Monday, what would usually take me 2-3 hours of errand running extended into actual workday hours. Even with the assistance of my mother. It really slows down the day when one has to stop for feedings, diaper changes, in and out of the car and stroller, etc.

Tuesday, another adventurous day. We had photos done w/ Keiko. I think that we broke the child labor laws for an infant as the photo shoot went from 12P - 5P. The proofs of the photos were beautiful. Keiko's work is simply stunning.

Wednesday, yet another road trip. I went in for my 2 week post op follow up. I still have some tenderness, but not so much that I need the painkillers. I still have not seen my scar. I've lost 23 lbs of the 32 lbs I gained during the pregancy. Of course, almost 9 lbs was Ian alone. Still have some swelling.

The new Hills family was honored to have our first family photos done by a long time family friend, Keiko Guest. It proved to be a long day. I think that we broke all the child labor laws. LOL...

Ian 13 days old.

Down 23 lbs from the 32 lbs gained.
I love sleep overs!


No comments:

Post a Comment