Wednesday, December 5, 2007

1 week

Today Ian met his pediatrician for the first time. He weighed in at 8 lbs 3 oz. It was a short meeting in that all Koenig initial physical was done by the pediatrician at Northside Hospital.

Surprisingly, the first week of our new family life has not been filled with sleep deprivation. I suppose it is due simply to rush of pure adrenaline and excitement.

I'm still bloated from the surgery, and my "kankles" continue to make their presence known. Though, now I can actually see them from above. The pregnancy onset of carpal tunnel syndrome has not gone away. Holding Ian during feedings proves to be painful after a while. However, it still does not deter me from showering Ian w/ kisses throughout his feedings. I can't help myself, though I know I am only teaching him that feeding sessions are an hour long w/ me rather than the 20-30 minutes the sessions should be.

Watson has been very curious about Ian. I think he is wondering when we will be returning Ian to whence he came. However, at the same time, Watson gets very concerned when visitors hold Ian. In addition to messy diapers, Watson has been ill this week. Hopefully, the illness will be short lived.


No comments:

Post a Comment