Saturday, October 13, 2007

32 wks = 8 mos


We are officially in the single digit weeks; 8 weeks until the due date, 5 weeks until full term, then we ALL find out what is the gender of the baby. Can you stand it??? I feel really good. The baby is all over the place. I discovered during the birthing class last week that I have been experiencing false contractions.

Story time… I've read about these things, but never imagined it would happen to me. I was molested by a complete stranger during mom's stay in the hospital last month. On my way to the vending machine for water, I had to pass an elderly woman on her cell phone. As I got closer I heard her telling the person on the phone, "oh, and there is a woman here w/ a little pumpkin." She's reaching out her hand to touch my belly.

*pause* Random thoughts race through my mind. Dear God, how do I dodge this? There's no where to go. Must escape. MUST escape!

*silent moment of realization* I have to pass her. Stay away from my child, you heathen, stay away!

Things go in slow motion. Voices sound lower, my stride becomes hesitant as I attempt to suck my gut in to no avail. Then… IT… happens. She grazes my belly w/ her finger tips and says, "bless you."

"Open season" on my belly has officially kicked off...