Tuesday, November 13, 2007

37 wks = 9+ mos



Beloveds:

This is the 37th week I am with child, though I am feeling all of the 40 weeks now.

As you have gathered I like to describe my feelings through song…

Three songs come to mind…

The first, "I am the Beautiful Reflection of My Love's Affection" performed by Barbara Streisand in the movie "Funny Girl" circa 1968. If you haven't seen the movie, this will make no sense to you. So, rent it.

Then I look in the mirror and see my swollen ankles, or "kankles" as my sister put it, and swollen hands. The song "I Feel Pretty" performed my Natalie Wood in the movie "West Side Story" circa 1961 comes to mind. *singing/dancing* I feel pretty, oh so pretty… PRETTY LARGE...

Last, as I can no longer see my feet from above, if I were to film a music video I would be the character of "Fat Bast@ard" from the Austin Powers movies singing "Do Ya Think I'm $exy" by Rod Stewart circa 1978.

I truly cannot complain about this pregancy. It has been fairly easy compared to other experiences I've heard about. I pray that the labor and delivery will be not last beyond 24 hours, and that the baby is healthy. I can't wait to find out if we are having a boy or girl! Can you believe I made it this far without finding out???

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.