It was the first Saturday morning going into Ian's 19th month. Ian started yammering around 6:30A. Matt and I listened to him for about an hour. At 7:44A, I peaked into the nursery. Ian was sitting up and smiling at me. He stood up as I walked toward his crib. Still smiling, he handed me his diaper. It was wet, and so was the sheet saver. Thank God it wasn't "dirty".
TIME OUT!!!! Ian got his first time out. He bit me. I went picked him up to change his dirty diaper which he did not want to do because it would mean stop playing. He screamed, cried, thrashed about... then it happened. I felt his screaming mouth on my cheek, followed by the piercing pain of his teeth gnashing together.
Janet went to our Father's home. She and her husband, Walter, Ian's namesake, were very special to the Hills family. Though I never had the opportunity to meet Walter, I gathered he was a remarkable man. I am grateful that Janet was able to see Ian twice in his first year. She will be greatly missed.
We traveled to Charleston for a multi-family vacation with the Lindenmeyers and Neckers. A six hour road trip sans child would easily be four, but long gone are those days. It was a play date that extended to four days. It was the first time I had to spar with Ian during any feedings as I forgot to bring his travel booster seat. Not too bad. I walked away unscathed for the most part.
First hair cut. Seriously. Ian is no longer donning the look of the "Crypt Keeper." Uncle Zsa Zsa worked his magic sheers. Ian looks like a real boy.
Father's day. Ian had created a Father's Day card while in the church nursery. It was a photo of him in the nursery with his crayola scribble art work on the inside. I had planned to cook a nice meal for Matt, however he said that he wanted to barbecue. So, I didn't argue. Instead, I cleaned the bathrooms. A fair exchanged, I think.
New family car. I did not get an opportunity to say a proper good-bye to my car. Matt had told me he was going to look at cars while Ian was napping. About two hours later he called to let me know that he bought a car. Ian now cruises around in an '07 Mazda5. It has been explained to me that the "technical term" describing the vehicle is "space wagon." However, in my book, anything that has sliding doors is a mini-van. I am still getting used to the way it drives as it has been a huge transition to go from a Mercedes to a Mazda, but I am enjoying the cup holders and being able to stand up to put Ian in his seat.
Enjoy the video clips.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Visited Ian's blog last summer, after Lynne emailed me that pictures of mom were posted. Revisited to catch up, and watched your wonderful movie of Ian with mom. Brought on torrents of tears, I miss her so. She was SO HAPPY with you all, and I am so grateful you captured these very special moments. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteKarla