Height: 32 1/4 (50%)
Head Circ: 19 1/4 (75%)
It's Ian's half birthday mark, and we are teething, AGAIN. We started this month with Ian's lower canines erupting. Oh joy! Fortunately theses are not as blunt as the molars, so there has not been any night wakings.
It is amazing to see how quickly Ian is learning and comprehending. Ian had pointed to the flowers on the dining table one morning. I told him they were flowers, and showed him the sign a few times. That was it. No more questions about the flowers from him. The next evening we came home from spending a day w/ Lola. Ian pointed to the flowers on the table and signed flowers! Incredible. I've created a running list of signs Ian knows and was amazed to count over 30 signs. I will run down the list asking Ian what the sign for "_____" is, and he will sign it. Ian is also pointing out body parts. I have failed in my attempts to capture these feats on video as he always signs to see "more baby" when I have the flip camera pointed at him. *thanks Roxann* He continues to create phrases that sound like actual responses, questions, and everyday conversations.
I have to keep up with him. It's going way to fast for me to continue to relish. I find myself looking at pictures of his first year and thinking it was just yesterday. How can he be walking and talking?
Ian was able to put his prior "training" during Easter to excellent use. He experienced his first outing for strawberry picking of the season. It brought childhood memories to my mind, and now I can share this tradition with our son. Of course, I did most of the picking and Ian did a good bit of the eating. As you can guess, it took a while to fill the buckets. However, I will say that Ian was an expert in quality control. Any berry that was not sweet enough went BACK INTO the bucket; whereas all the sweet berries continued their journey to his stomach. He don't need no stinkin' bucket!
Ian showing his busted lip from jumping in his crib.
Strawberry Picking/Eating
Getting caught doing something he should not be doing and a new hiding place.
Video

No comments:
Post a Comment