Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring 2009 - 16 mos - Mar

16 months - Mar

Ian continues to develop into a little man. Believe it, or not, he has enough hair that moves as the wind blows whether driving in the car, strolling, or swinging. On nice weather days I drive w/ the windows and sunroof open. Ian has discovered the sensation of the wind blowing and swirling. He raises his arms and attempts to catch the wind in the same manner he still tries to catch the sunlight. I wish I could get that on video, but someone has the drive when I'm the lone adult in the car.

So, now I've been attempting to develop my "look," aka "the mom face." The single look that moms give to get their kid(s) back in line. My attempts so far have all been in vein. Ian smiles and giggles. It fills my heart with such joy. All I can do is smile and kiss him in return. Cuteness is a defense mechanism, after all. However, I need to get my "look" established before the cuteness fades as it will be the only thing I have to let him know, silently, that I do not approve his behavior at the moment. LOL...

Ian experienced more "firsts" this month. We went to The Children's Museum, Zoo Atlanta, and The Georgia Aquarium. Alas, I suffered from "First Time Mom Syndrome" and I did not get any pictures at the Zoo as I was a little paranoid about him "exploring" beyond MY comfort zone. He loved the baby Pandas. Hopefully, the next time Ian experiences these venues, Matt will be present and I will be able to snap pictures at my leisure.

Ian got to spend his 16 month bday with Grandma and Grandpa Hills who came down for a good visit. Unfortunately, it rained most of the time they were here. The one nice day we had they took Ian to his favorite park w/ Matt, and I got a morning and afternoon to myself.

Enjoy the photos and videos.



For Sienfeld fans who remember George's photo session. LOL...


Matt is already getting Ian familiarized to the feel of the putter.


Ian's first skinned knee. There will be plenty more to come.


My childhood BFF visited Atlanta w/ her family. We haven't seen each other in 25 years! As she told her mom, "we could have talked for days without a breath." She is more beautiful now than she was then; and she was breathtaking back then.


Enjoying storytime with Grandpa and Grandma Hills.


Videos


No comments:

Post a Comment