Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer 2010 - August


The boys and I were away most this month.  It started with a last minute reunion dinner among ballerina friends from my days in Atlanta Ballet II.  It is hard to believe it's been over 25 years.  They all look wonderful.  It just goes to show that physical fitness taken seriously during one's youth gives way to a healthier adult lifestyle.  One of the girls I had met the first week I moved to Atlanta from Port Angeles. 

You know, up until recently I would not have told folks I moved to Atlanta from Port Angeles (PA); not out of embarrassment, but simply because folks would have no idea where PA is located.  Everyone knows where Seattle is, so that is where I would say I moved from to Atlanta.  However, now with the popularity of the Twilight Saga books and movies, everyone knows where Port Angeles and Forks are located.

I digress.

The boys and I went to McDonough on Aug 5.  We had a family gathering there that first weekend to celebrate my nephew's, Chris, going off to college; Matt's birthday, and my nephew's, David, first football game win of the season.  Garnet's family was not in attendance.  Though we knew the chances of his family participating were slim to none, an invitation was extended all the same.  We would have celebrated my brother's wife's birthday and their second wedding anniversary. 

The Hills family traveled south to spend the following weekend with my Aunt's family in Jesup.  Matt got to play golf, Ian got to play in the pool, I got more assistance w/ the boys.  Good food, as always.  We went to a seafood buffet at the clubhouse.  Ian let two faux pas' slip... The GD and "Ian dropped Spencer on the floor."  *angst*  Thank goodness no one really heard with all the noise, but Matt and I heard it and that was embarrassing enough.  I've got to do something, or say something, positive to get Ian fixated on.  I hope this phase will pass quickly.

My Uncle Greg was able to extend his stay here not once, but twice for business purposes, before returning to the Philippines.  I was so fortunate to be able to spend this month with the family in McDonough.  Tito Nicol has taken a teaching contract stateside for the year.  However, Uncle Greg has to manage the ballet school in the Philippines, so I really wanted him to enjoy the boys while he was here.  They will have grown so much when he comes back in December.
 
During our stay, Uncle Greg was basically a nurse to me.  He changed diapers, fed us, did laundry, relieved me of mommy duties by bottle feeding Spencer so I could sleep, or run an errand solo.  He and Tito Nicol even scheduled a massage for me.  *angels choir*  Uncle Greg made certain Ian got outside to ride his tricycle.  He even assisted w/ the low pressure potty training and bedtime routine (bath, stories, songs, prayers).  I was so thankful that Ian was getting the attention that was lacking from me.  A great big hug and heart felt "Thank You" to Uncle Greg!

Spencer had his 2 month wellness check:
Weight: 10 lbs, 15 oz
Height: 23 inches
Head Circ: 15.25 inches

Nursing has been going very well.  I wish it had gone this well with Ian.  Ian hasn't suffered at all with not being exclusively breastfed.  I am better informed and prepared this time.  Spencer's weight gain gives me confidence to continue.

The blog layouts have changed, so I'm still playing w/ formatting the photos.  Still, enjoy viewing them.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment