Weight: 27 lbsHeight: 32.75 in
Head Circ: 19.5 in
Season Flu shot: check!
H1N1 shot (round 1): check!
Words, letters, songs, oh my! Ian is giving out as much as he is taking in. While driving in the car we either sing or listen to CDs. It is so heartwarming to listen to him chime into a song when he knows the word(s), or knows a long musical note is coming and he sings it. Randomly, he will count from 1 - 10 on his own. If I ask him to count, he will count 1-5, then we will count in tandem 6 - 10. We sing Do-re-mi scales in the car, sign while we sing the alphabet song, and sing the Sesame Street 10 song. I literally am Ian's personal IPod. I will start to sing a song, and if he likes it, he allows me to continue. When I get to a song he is not in the mood to sing or hear, he will grunt and say "no" to let me know I need to "fast forward" to the next song on "MomPod". It is really quite funny. He is singing Happy Birthday just in time for his 2nd birthday. However, that is not to say that he will actually sing in front of an audience.
Ian is recognizing letters in everyday signs. As we pulled into a parking space the local Publix grocery store, Ian said, "X, P, I". Then I realized he was looking at the Publix sign. It does become a bit of a challenge when walking to and from the gym. He pauses to point out the gigantic white letter "S-T-O-P" on the asphalt of the parking lot.
God bless the child who says, "nap, mommy, nappy," and toddles to his crib. We could be in the middle of a bedtime story, or dressing for bed, and he will tell me "nap". So, who am I to deny this big boy what he requests. He is also repeating "mommy phrases" like "I sid top" (I said stop), along with some "saucy" phrases that now cause me to pause before I speak.
We had an outing at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. We were there over two and a half hours, and never made it past the Children's Garden. Ian was having such a great time in the vegetable patch, caterpillar tunnel, slides, and enormous wooden instruments.
Thanksgiving was spent with mommy's family this year. We celebrated Ian's 2nd birthday that night. I made a chocolate chip cake with orange marmalade and nutella filling, then dusted it in powdered sugar. Yum! Matt's father and step mother drove down from Ohio to celebrate Ian's 2nd birthday the following day, Friday. Another cake was presented, a Rhodes Bakery special, classic. A lot of quality time spent with family, park, Botanical Gardens, 2 year doctor appt, and IKEA.






























out of all the pictures, I have to say that you standing next to the 5ft ruler is my favorite - Sorry Ian! - Becca
ReplyDelete